Friday, April 15, 2011

How-To: Decorative Twine Balls

Pin It
Ok, confession:  I LOVE big bowls.  I have them all over our house.  Most of them are filled some some-sort of decorative somethings, from CB2 Glass Balls to Cinnamon Pinecones.  Something I've always liked, but stayed away from due to price, are what I like to call "twine nest" balls.  They can be super expensive!  So, when I stumbled upon this tutorial on how to make them, well, it was ON!

It's cost me, oh, about $2 to make 7 of these, and I still have supplies left over.  I was even able to use up that huge ball of hemp from 8th grade.  And the result was AWESOME!  I'd like to make more to spray paint at some point.  I mean, they are super easy, the hardest part is waiting for them to dry.  ;)

Here's what I came up with using this tutorial:


I was beyond delighted when J Chen saw them and said, "those look like those things you get at Pottery Barn for $100!"  Why yes, yes they do.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Big Smile,
B. Chen

0 comments:

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips