Sunday, July 31, 2011

White. Trash. Bash. The 3rd Annual.

Hey there, hi there, ho there.  Let's finally talk WTB.  The Third Annual. It happened last Saturday, July 23rd--in case you weren't fawning over that kickass flier on your right.                                                    

I'm hoping by now you've gotten caught up:                                                      
Check out WTB The Series here!   
Check out The 1st Annual WTB here!
Check out The 2nd Annual WTB here!!!!                                

  • it was amazing.  
  • The bands were AWESOME!  
  • Per usual, everyone was dressed to the nines.
  • I understand you're jeal.  You can totally come next year!  

    But chenyways ( J.Chen's word suggestion!).....Again, LOTS of prep time.  I started trashing the place on Wednesday night, starting with the living room and kitchen.  Thursday night I strung all the lights in the front yard, set up the santa and snowman inflatables, and nailed tarps to the walls of the garage so our bands would feel totally at home.  :-)  Friday, well, it rained.  Hardcore.  Thunder and lightening.  Baby Bacon was NOT happy.  It threaten to rain on Saturday as well--seriously, I've never been so obsessed with the weather!  Ever.  Like buying new apps for my iPhone just so I could be up to the second on any and all sprinkle embarking on MY DAY.  But guess what?  Like every other year we've hosted, it did not rain.  Nope.  It was muggy.  And steamy.  And 90 degrees.  And well, again, AWESOME.

    I told you that we dubbed this the concert series, right?  Haha, look at this photo!  Chairs galore.  

    Ok, before I get to the goods (read photos of us) I wanted to share with you my new  Signature WTB Jungle Juice Recipe. I decided to go this route this year due to the overwhelming time AND cost of jello shots.  Mostly time--We're talking like 10 hours start to finish.  This takes, oh, about 5 MINUTES.  


    B. Chen's WTB Juice:

    1 gallon Meijer (store-brand) orange drink
    2 2 liters fruit punch (Hawaiian Punch)
    1 liter sparkling tangerine-lime
    1 2 liter ruby red squirt
    1 2 liter sunkist
    1 blue Hawaiian boones
    1.75 L Bacardi
    1.75 L cherry vodka
    2 5ths peach schnapps  
    2 lbs of Frozen Fruit 
    1 5 gal Cooler--we used one of those big orange drink dispensers you see on football sidelines.

    Add fruit to cooler.  Add all liquid to cooler.  Mix it all together.  Drink.
    *note, the frozen fruit is to keep it cool--ice just waters it down.  Serve your ice on the side.  Oh, and the fruit it just a sneaky as the drink itself--you've been warned.

    On to the photos!
    Friday's set up

    Saturday, a few hours before showtime!

    Ah yes, The Chens take on People of Walmart....

    OMG, I freaking LOVE these two!  PS, that's Leah!

    Tramp Stamp and the Wife Beaters

    They GAVE me the microphone.  Sooo much power!

    It's never too early to get them ready for WTB.

    Fred was in HEAVEN
    Seriously, these guys were so awesome!
    My two girls :-)

    The ladies of the Rockford Highlands 

    Bringing back the photo prop!


    See the lights we added to WTB!?!?!  See see!

    I did a little wardrobe change at some point....

    Baby pools are soooo versatile!

    The members of Rodentt

    Who's the trashiest?
    My King and Queen of TRASH!

    An evening view.

    Oh Pattie, no one can touch you and your costumes!

    Rodentt, bringing the ROCK!


    Until Next Year.....STAY TRASHY!!!!!
    And there you have it, my little daw-lings, WTB 2011!  So exhausting, but sooo worth it!

    B.Cheniful will return to it's regular scheduled blogcasts.

    Big (STAY TRASHY) Smile,
    B.Chen



    3 comments:

    Tracy Crosby said... Best Blogger Tips

    Wow. Words have taken flight. If I were there in person, I would totally start the "slow clap" in total admiration for what you have accomplished in your neighborhood. Kudos. That's all I can say.

    Tracy Crosby said... Best Blogger Tips

    :)

    Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

    Laughing my a-yass off! How much fun! I totally wish I lived in your neighborhood!!!

    Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips