Monday, January 23, 2012

A Donut Wreath for Valentine's Day!

Pin It
Hi Girls!

I'm super excited to show you my new Valentine's Wreath!  Last year I made this one, but I up-cycled it into this one for St. Pattys, so I had no choice but to make a new one.  :)

When I started out, I was looking to do a tradish wreath--you know, red and purple flowery-thingys.  THEN, as I sat down to make it I got the BRILLIANT (if I do say so myself, and I do) idea to make a donut wreath.  Ah yeah, that's what's doin for Val 2012!

Wanna see how I did it?  Cause I really wanna show you! :)

Ingredient List:
Socks--I used 7 pairs of little boys, 8-2
Sheets of Felt
Beads
Hot Glue
Wreath--I used a 10inch form wrapped in purple yarn

OPTIONAL:
Scrapbook Paper to add a Pennant-Like Message

1.  I made up 7 mini donuts (the same ones as I use in my hair) using little boys socks, size 8-2.  Why I had these?  Zero idea.  I ended up doubling up the socks--rolling one into a donut, then taking another and rolling it up into a double donut.  Ohhhh, double donut?  Gimme 5, right now!
2.  Felt Frosting time!  I used hot pink, violet and red felt, then traced the bangle to use as my circle.
3.  Once you have a circle cut out, fold as shown, and snip off the middle to make the opening of your frosting.
4.  This is more of a "TAH DAH!" photo only :)  Oh, and get your "sprinkles" ready.
5.  Freehand a scallop edge around your frosting.  Hot glue the top of your donut and set frosting atop.  Add your sprinkles to your liking--I like LOTS of sprinkles.  SHOCKER.
6.  Another "TAH DAH!" Photo :)

Here's your Optional Step:
I used my Sily and cut out this "Love" Shape and just glued it to a piece of scrap ribbon.  Then it just glued to the back of the wreath.  Easy, girl.

Your final step!  Glue your donuts around your wreath.  Things that are easy for $1000.  :)  You know what's next, right?  YOU ROCK IT, GIRL!!!!  Rock it like you MADE it.  Like you MADE a KICKASS DONUT wreath.  CAUSE YOU DID!  And now all your neighbors are jealy.  You're welcome.

Thanks for hanging!

Big (Rock that Donut Wreath, Girl!) Smile,
Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said... Best Blogger Tips

This is so cute! Great fun too.
I hope you will link this project up to my I Heart Projects Linky Party.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG! This is the cutest thing I've ever seen as a door sign. I'm pinning this and I'm your newest follower! Thank you so much for posting.

Beth @ Hungry Happenings said... Best Blogger Tips

I love doughnuts. What a fun project.

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips